Saturday, September 10, 2011


Alrighty so much has happened since I last posted anything. First I thought I'd share the new rooms. Grace's room got a bit of work just after the nursery was finished. Grace and Tod went to Saint Louis for Memorial Day weekend and then Grace stayed an extra week on vacation all by herself. She stayed at Casa Dillender and had a blast and then had on night at Riverwoods before coming home. That was the start of so much summer activity!

Here are the rooms:

Nursery first.
There is now a bumper pad with birds appliqued on it, and a mobile with needle felted birds and leaves hanging above the crib. I never have bothered to take a photo of them which is why I never posted photos of the room. Tod enjoyed watching by needle felting. I used the giant melon of a belly to hold my needle felting pad while working. It was perfect. We also added an area rug, just a medium beige nothing to write home about rug but it did help lighten up the room.

One of the little felted birds found a home in a bird house by the changing table.

Grace's room:

Grace's room had an odd assortment of bookcases and shelves of all different wood tones and finishes to hold all her books and toys. So while she and Tod were in St. Louis I made these white shelves as a base unit and bench and added some store bought shelves for up above. And then I cleaned and sorted and discarded and donated the toys for hours to find out what was actually around. I also put drawers in her closet so she could get to her own clothes. She was enjoying being independent about dressing at the time. Not so much right now, but now she only wears two or three outfits a day instead of six or seven!


This is Grace's big girl bed. It was mine, Uncle Bob's briefly, and purchased way back long ago for Granddaddy (my father). I don't think Grace really is impressed by any of this, but I love that it has that long history. The toy box is one that my grandmother decorated for my brother. It was originally a wooden trunk from a summer camp that her mother ran for disadvantaged youth.



It was great to have all of this done and accomplished before delivery. Poor Grace had the corner of the living room to shove her bassinet for the first two and a half months of life. I recommend having a ceiling in all of your rooms and no major construction half finished when bring a child home for the first time if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment